November 4, 2011 § Leave a comment
I have an easily upset stomach, and I hate taking medicine, so this has been a wonderful alternative to pain relievers and gas pills for me.
Ginger is known to alleviate nausea, arthritis, diarrhea, and even lower cholesterol. Not only this but it is an analgesic, sedative, and has antipyretic and antibacterial properties!
Below is my rough recipe for ginger tea, but these instant crystals were also popular in Japan, where I first drank this tea.
- Peel and cut up ginger roughly
- Pour equal parts sugar, water, and ginger into pot
- Boil until mixture takes on a syrupy consistency, about 30 minutes
- Either strain out ginger or leave in and store in a jar
- Make tea by pouring hot water over ginger mixture