November 22, 2011 § Leave a comment
I don’t know why I volunteered to make pumpkin pie from scratch, but I am simultaneously super excited and super scared I will poison my whole family.
Lets see what happens!
So, of course, you need pumpkin purée for a pumpkin pie.
- 2 small pumpkins
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Cut pumpkins in half from top to bottom
- Place pumpkins face down in baking pan on top of a cooking sheet
- Cook for about 1 hour
- When pumpkins are removed they will be browned and soft, allow to cool slightly (unless you are impatient like me)
- Scoop out the flesh ( I used one of those ice-cream scoops with the mechanical release to make it easier)
- Blend the scooped out flesh
- Store in fridge or freezer once thoroughly cooled